To my future kid: Today your name is Dot

To my future kid

We're having a kid. Not that you care. But the kid might. This is for him/her.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Today your name is Dot


We started calling you Nancy because, well, it was my fault. Not that either of us ever liked the name and it was never an option that you were going to be named Nancy. But Nancy was short for Preg-Nancy, which I kind of came up with the first day we found out you were coming.

That was three weeks ago.

Today we went to the obstetrician, who I didn’t think was all that special, and got to see you on a sonogram. Apparently, you’re about the size of a lentil.

The doctor had a hard time finding you, and when he finally did, you were just a dot. So today, that’s become your name.

By the time you read this, you’ll no doubt notice that your name is neither Nancy or Dot. I'm sure we'll change it at least a few times before you come out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home